Computer Skills are the ability to use computer hardware and software to perform various tasks. It involves a range of abilities, from hardware and software knowledge to the ability to think critically and creatively when solving technical problems.
Computer skills are a must-have for anyone looking to secure a job in today’s digital age. Employers often list computer skills as a requirement in job descriptions, as basic proficiency with technology is necessary for most positions. It can be divided into four main categories:
- Input Technologies: This includes the use of a computer mouse, keyboard, and other input devices to enter data into a computer.
- Software Applications: This category includes the knowledge and ability to use various software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation programs.
- Computer Networking: This includes the ability to use network protocols to connect to the internet and other computers.
- Computer Programming: This involves the knowledge and ability to write and modify computer code.
This is the presentation on the “Computer Skills” subject that we found on SlideShare for PhD scholars to prepare for their exams. This presentation has nicely explained all the lessons/topics that are needed to clear the exam in a beautiful and simple manner with the help of images that are easy to understand from children’s point of view. You can manually click on the link to visit the SlideShare website and share with others also. This “computer skills” presentation has the following units mentioned below-
- Characteristics of Computer
- Input & Output Devices
- Storage Devices
- System Software & Application Software
- Applications of Computer for Research
- Multimedia & Presentation Devices
- What is Internet?
- Uses of Internet
- Electronic Mail (e-mail) & WWW
- Downloading & Uploading
- Access of e-Journals
- Search Engines, Searching the Keywords
- Overview of Google Applications
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Plagiarism Software
- What type of computer operating system do you have experience with?
- How comfortable are you with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel?
- Describe a technical problem you have successfully troubleshot.
- How would you rate your knowledge of computer hardware and software?
- Have you ever designed or updated a website?
- What methods do you use to stay up-to-date on new technology and software?
- Are you comfortable with remote collaboration tools such as Zoom and Slack?
- Describe a time you used data visualization to present information.
- What processes do you use to ensure data security?
Let us download some question papers now